Canberra High School Board
The Functions of the School Board Are:
- to determine the educational policies to be implemented at the school
- to assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to the provision of buildings and facilities, equipment, funds and teachers and other staff and make recommendations to the department with respect to the meeting of those needs
- to determine the purposes for which funds made available for the school are to be expended
- to make recommendations to the department in respect of the use of buildings, facilities and equipment of the school for purposes other than school purposes
- to develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations
- to make recommendations to the department on matters relating to the school
- such other functions as the department confers upon the board.
The board consists of three elected parents, two elected teachers, two elected students, a member appointed by the department and the school principal (ex officio). The chairperson is elected by all board members and may not be a teacher representative or the principal.
The board is assisted by a number of committees. In addition to those concerned with finance and curriculum, the board establishes ad hoc committees to advise the board on particular matters. These also include parent, staff and student members. Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the principal or the board chairperson at the beginning of the year.
The board has played an important role in promoting the interests of Canberra High School and its students and looks to the continued assistance and support of parents, students and staff in its future work.
Message from the parent representatives
I’ve had the great pleasure of being involved with the Canberra High School community since 2015 when my daughter started Year 7, and that continues today with my daughter now in college and my son in year 9 at Canberra High. I enjoy the opportunities available to participate in the life of Canberra High, from helping with BBQs and soup nights, through to my role as Vice President of the P&C from 2015-2017. I’ve been a member of the Canberra High Board since March 2017 and was previously a member of the Aranda Primary School Board. Now beginning my second term on the Canberra High Board as Chair, I am keen to contribute to the future direction of the school under our new Principal, including through the 2019 school review process.
I have been a member of the school Board since 2016 and was elected Board Chair in 2017. I have had a long association with ACT public schools, holding Board and P&C positions in pre-schools, primary school and now high school. I am interested in all aspects of education but particularly in ensuring that there is equity in our schools and our teachers are well supported. I have two teenage sons one currently at Canberra High and one who is now at College. Please feel free to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Board or would like to bring an issue to the Board's attention
Please email email@example.com if you would like to contact me.
Annual Action Plan Report/ Impact Report
Annual School Board Report
External School Review Report
School Improvement Plan