Canberra High School Board
The Functions of the School Board Are:
- to determine the educational policies to be implemented at the school
- to assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to the provision of buildings and facilities, equipment, funds and teachers and other staff and make recommendations to the department with respect to the meeting of those needs
- to determine the purposes for which funds made available for the school are to be expended
- to make recommendations to the department in respect of the use of buildings, facilities and equipment of the school for purposes other than school purposes
- to develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations
- to make recommendations to the department on matters relating to the school
- such other functions as the department confers upon the board.
The board consists of three elected parents, two elected teachers, two elected students, a member appointed by the department and the school principal (ex officio). The chairperson is elected by all board members and may not be a teacher representative or the principal.
The board is assisted by a number of committees. In addition to those concerned with finance and curriculum, the board establishes ad hoc committees to advise the board on particular matters. These also include parent, staff and student members. Anyone interested in serving on a committee should contact the principal or the board chairperson at the beginning of the year.
The board has played an important role in promoting the interests of Canberra High School and its students and looks to the continued assistance and support of parents, students and staff in its future work.
Message from the Parent Representatives
I have been a part of the Canberra High School Community since 2011. I appreciate the dedication and support from the Principal, Deputy Principal and staff at Canberra High, with the interests of students paramount to any decisions made at the board level. My daughter enjoyed her time at Canberra High and is now attending College, and now my son is enjoying his first year at CHS. I can be contacted by emailing the school at firstname.lastname@example.org, if parents/guardians have a query or concern regarding the strategic directions of Canberra High School.
I have been a member of the School Board for 4 years. One of my sons has graduated from CHS and is now in College and my other son is in Year 9 at Canberra High School. Being involved in the Board has provided me with an insight into the strategy and hard work that grounds a progressive and dynamic high school, which maintains its place as a school of choice. I am very happy to speak to parents if there are any issues that need to be raised at a board level.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to contact me.
Annual School Board Report
School Review Report